- To explain some of the advertising methods used by the fast food industry.
- To understand the potential consequences of fast food on health.
- To discuss the difference between health food and fast food advertising.
Search Results (16)
To understand the concept of harvest seasons and food availability.
To explain the consequences associated with eating out of season.
To identify sustainable solutions to eating foods out of season
*Present to students alternative uses for older fruits and vegetables that have gone unused
*Teach students how vegetable scraps can be used for other purposes
*Teach students about how long their fruits and vegetables last for safe consumption
*Allow students to practice asking scientific questions - forming questions and hypotheses
- Demonstrate to students the energy, resources, and extensive steps it takes to produce food and to dispose of food waste.
- Discuss how the environment is being harmed through excessive food waste.
- To teach students how different conditions can change seed and sprout growth.
- To introduce photosynthesis.
- To investigate the growing stages of a seed to a plant.
- To introduce the concept of a hypothesis.
* Illustrate the problem of food waste in the United States.
* Inspire students to make conscious efforts to reduce their food waste.
* Use the mini food waste audit activity to demonstrate to students how they are contributing to the problem
-Demonstrate to students the enormous amount of produce that is wasted daily because they do not fit the aesthetic criteria of producers, retailers, and consumers.
-Show students that fruits and vegetables that do not look “perfect” taste the same as ones you find in the store.
To discuss organic and conventional agricultural methods.
To identify the key differences between organic and conventional food production.
To understand the environmental effects of our food choices.
This lesson is meant to teach students about the basic physiology of plants.
- To identify different parts of a plant and understand their role within the plant’s life cycle.
- To identify and explain a variety of life processes within the plant.
- To explain why these things are important to the life of a plant.