- Authored by Belal Joundeya, the "Fly with Arabic" full text document is comprised of eight units, and features a variety of language-learning lessons tied together by fun themes, such as weather, sports, travel, school, and other hobbies and activities. The units focus on the acquisition of listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills, as well as knowledge of Arabic cultures and history.
Most units contain several lessons, including fill-in-the-blank exercises, open-ended writing practice, and word-matching games, that seek to reinforce specific learning outcomes, such as oral and written production, writing, and reading. Additionally, brief cultural drills are included in each unit, and are designed to add a cultural dimension to each unit's language activities. All units also contain self- assessment checklists to help monitor and measure the learner's progress during the unit.
In summary, through using a number of drills to produce vocabulary, grammar, reading, writing, and speaking skills, including pictures, word-matching games, open-ended writing practice, and fill-in-the-blank exercises, the "Fly with Arabic" series seeks to connect all phases of Arabic-learning into one comprehensive package.
- Arts and Humanities
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Assessment, Diagram/Illustration, Game, Homework/Assignment, Reading, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- CLASSRoad Admin
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
- English, Arabic
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
First impressions: The book would be good for novice Arabic learners who can read Arabic, but it lacks access to audio files which would make this even better.