Maria Gross 2 years, 10 months ago

I look forward to learning from you after you review Trauma-informed Teaching: Young Adult Fiction Informs Reality 

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/82178 

Description of the module from the last slide: In this module, we have considered how cultural humility impacts trauma-informed teaching and the various types of trauma. You then connected the types of trauma and their sources to Melinda (from Speak). After researching and discovering trauma-informed teaching strategies and resilience support strategies, you began critiquing and determining strategies that you would like to use in your own classroom. Now is the time to document your efforts in your own book! Select six teacher actions/strategies from the many we have explored to create a mini-book. You may create manually or electronically - either way, I hope this exercise not only cements these ideas for future use but also you learn an assessment that you could use in your own classroom.

Jessica Cannaday 2 years, 10 months ago

I love this Maria.  The depth is extensive and the clear connections between ACE and Resilience factors in the separate units is so well made.  The amount of resources and activities is so extensive and the slides are so thorough.  Your topics are so well intertwined and the intersectionality is obvious.  I am assuming this is for the TEP 533 course and that you are taking the candidates on a deeper treck than we have previously. This really is beautiful and I am HERE for it!

Jessica

Aubree Evans 2 years, 10 months ago

Hey Maria!

I went through your module and have some feedback. First of all, WOW this is so much incredible material! I learned so much from reading through. And the link to the slides will be really helpful.

In the "Introduction to the Module" section, what would you think about including a content warning since there are some traumatic events mentioned (such as the death of a loved one of a child, etc)?

I recommend going through and making spacing between paragraphs & sections consistent. Also the font changes in places. I think whichever font you decide on is fine, just be sure it's the same throughout.

In the overview (screenshot below), be sure to take out the part about the BranchED template. This doesn't apply anymore.

Thanks everyone for any feedback you can provide of my first draft of "Exploring Pedagogical Models in Practice".  I have one weird formatting thing happening in Unit 2, page 5... ( a 1.1. that I can't see in my edit box, that shows up after I save/publish)..... but otherwise, I am feeling pretty happy with this.  I am looking forward to finding out what people think. 

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/82733/overview

Jessica Cannaday

Hi Jessica,

Very catchy first image! It drives me to look at your module to learn more…

Introduction: Good overview of the module. You might consider making the intro more general for other states: keep the TPE references, but state (as you did for TPE 1.1, etc) what the focus is for TPE 4.3, etc. (Planning instruction and designing learning experiences for all students). You have it in the last paragraph, but I think it would be helpful earlier also. 

Including the link to Lesson Planning is very helpful. To keep the module more general, reference to Art of Teaching 1 could be removed and reduce confusion from others using the module.

Great to see the TPEs as a resource!

Unit 1

There are some formatting issues for the reference.

Great graphics and foundation of CRT! Using a WebQuest to explore CRT and thus learn about Webquests works very well. The WebQuest link was not accessible (“Access Denied”) - is there another way to access the material? Maybe a sample WebQuest or pdf of the expectations? Other links worked.

Are candidates able to select their own topic for their lesson?

Assessment: Would removing TESP 511 reference still keep the integrity of the unit? Great use of a quiz to assess understanding of the different models.

I will continue on Unit 2 later...

Thank you.  Weird that the webquest isn't working. I'll have to figure that out. The webquest is a public site so that link should work. I'll try to figure out what the problem is.

Thank you for the feedback.

Fixed the webquest link. I had forgotten to click 'Published', that is now done.  I also fixed the standards and reference to the course. Thanks for the feedback Maria.

Hi Jessica,

What a useful module! It flows well: three primary topics with the same class being considered...and three different "differentiation students". Thanks for educating me on this course (TESP 511) and putting together a module that can be used in other programs!

Maria

Unit 2

I like that the class from Unit 1 continues for Unit 2 with Luis. Providing the link again for the Profiles in the introduction would make it easier for the instructor to access.

Good combination of reading and videos to explain the questioning models.

Formatting/numbering between 3. and 4. is off. It has “1. 1. “

In step 4: “differentiation student”, I recommend stating it is Luis.

Activities: nice visual to show the importance of questioning!

Activity 2: do you want to state that the student may not be Luis, since Luis is already being discussed in other work for this unit?

Assessment: good variety of assessments.

Unit 3

Did you want to title Unit 3 (Peer Interaction Pedagogical Models) instead of using “Content”?: Unit 1 & 2 were titled and it worked well.

Wonderful selection of support material for each topic!

There is a formatting/numbering issue for the Steps.

For Step 2 “differentiation student”, I recommend stating it is Guenavive. (Including the sentence from Unit 1 & 2 for Unit 3 would be helpful: The "Sample Class" provided should be used every week and remain unchanged; however, the "One of the Learners" for differentiation - should be assigned based on week. So for Unit 1: please use Duane as noted,  for Unit 2 use Luis, and for Unit 3, please use Guenavive.  If you would like to change this - do so at your discretion of course.  )

Activities

Activity 2: Do you want to state not to use Guenavive for this activity?

Overall question: Were you able to make all your notes accessible (e.g., the pictures)? I could not check.

The last section may be removed (re: how well did the template work).

Thanks again Maria.  I made several of the changes.  You are awesome and appreciated. I left the last section (How well the template worked) in there so that OER can get feedback, as I think that is important.  I figure it doesn't hurt and I can pass it along. I really appreciate the feedback. This was such a fun activity.

Jess

Amber Bechard 2 years, 10 months ago

Devin,

I love this unit! There is so much UDL in it, there are multiple options for final products, the richness of the content supports personal connections. Just wow! This is such important work. Thank you for sharing it with the OER community.

What I especially like is that you were not confined to OER Commons content. Is there much in this unit from OER Commons? I saw one link for sure, but most seemed  external. Your links to YouTube videos and others resources are great.Do youneed a citation for the School Tools website? Do we need to cite the photographs? I guess I need to check with Aubree on this.

I wonder if your objectives in Unit 3, Obj 2 & 3 are measureable. For example, "Demonstrate a cultural sensitivity to students of color..." Based on whose definition of sensitivity? Is there a way to phrase this in a less arbitrary way? Maybe "Demonstrate a cultural sensitivity to students of color by integrating reflections, activities and content that reflect students of color in lessons. 

Lastly, in what setting will you be implementing this? Since we are at the same iuniveristy I am curious in what course you will use it.

Maybe I will use it too!

Amber

Devin Beasley 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi Amber, 
Thanks for checking out my module. I appreciate the thorough feedback as well. It is extremely helpful. 
Objectives foer unit 3 are a bit "iffy." I like your suggestions. I'll work on this to make them clearly defined and measurable as well. 

I need to make sure there's a citation for everything. I'm not sure on citing photographs. I'll find out. 
I thought it external links would be fine, but I also need to know if everything (except for the bias test) will need an internal link instead. 

I was planning primarily to use this as part of the EDUC 442 course, but I think I'll incorporate some of it in the student teaching courses as well. 
In 442, we discuss culturally responsive teaching, UDL, social justice, and instructional equity. I thought it would fit well within that course. 
I'll share this the Christian also since he's the lead for 442. 

Thanks again for all the wonderful feedback and suggestions. 

I like it for student teaching across all credential programs. Maybe you, Joy and Christian can make this happen!

Hi Robin,
Great topic. I especially like the connection with cultural practices and their influence on growth/learning.

In part 1, it’s only the description. Was there to be any content or was this only the description section with 2 modules?

I like the fact that the video links are embedded. I did not do this originally but will change mine. It’s definitely easier to immediately view rather than linking externally.

Would you happen to know if all of our links should be internal?

The rubrics within each section is a nice and easy to use idea for assessment.

Since the objectives all come from the CA ECSE TPE’s, they are measurable and aligned to the module goals.

I noticed the organization was fine but did not follow the template format. Do you know if we’re required to follow the format of objectives>content>activities>Reading>assignments> etc.?

(There’s a large space between part 1 and 2.)

Nice job! I think this can be really impactful.
How do you plan to implement this? Will it be an addition to one of your courses?

Robin Dodds 2 years, 10 months ago

Thank you so much for your feedback, it really helped me rethink how the material is presented. I am planning to use the module this Fall in my working with families in early childhood special education course to give students 3 weeks of asynchronous learning while they collaborate on a group research assignment to provide more flexibility, as my students work all day and attend evening classes.

No problem. I really like the purpose behind it. 
I'm all for anything that can help under-served or under-represented families/groups and children. I think your module can be impactful. 

I'm just hoping I developed mine correctly as I'm still unsure :)

Hi Robin,

I really like the textual content that you offer at the beginnings of your units. It's conversational and can be used in  synchronous or asynchronous classes. Then it moves into a beautifully embedded video that works really nicely there.

Overall your balance of text and multimodal content is perfect. You give clear instructions and provide all resources needed to complete the units. You've also used textual clues such as underlining and boldfacing to indicate what should be done. For example, activity instructions have specific fonts.

Great idea to link to each next unit at the bottom and previous units at the beginnings. 

In my opinion, you have used design elements expertly to create a balanced, user-friendly module. 

Thanks so much, Aubree! I was never quite sure if I was "doing it right." But I am happy the module turned out well and hope others will find it useful!

Tiffany Pogue 2 years, 10 months ago

Here is a link to my initial draft.  I am still working on adding text and videos to support the content.  I am happy to receive feedback.

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/82875

Lourdes Viloria 2 years, 10 months ago

Tiffany I have previewed your initial draft and I must say that I have enjoyed its crisp and easy to follow organization. Pedagogy of Hope is an excellent choice for a professional development unit for educators as the transition from the COVID-19 virtual instruction to FTF instruction.  We can only hope that this educational transition will last.  

In terms of the framework of your units you have followed the suggested checklist of items: 

Introduction

Audience

Length of Course

Unit level Outcomes

Assessments

I also value your choice of videos and deliberate effort to provide students with user-friendly definition of challenging terms such as concientizacion, and  concientizar. 

At this point,  I do not have any suggestions other than providing students with a video recording of Paolo Frieire's interveiw which I have provided for you here.  

I truly appreciate this feedback and especially the link to the video. Thank you!

Awendela Grantham 2 years, 10 months ago

Here is my first draft.

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/82945

Quantitative History, Families, and Communities

Hi, Awendela,

This looks great! Your instructions for how to apply the content and activities are clear. The fact that you provided materials such as the PowerPoint and quiz will be really helpful.

I think you've got a repeated section that can be deleted:

repeated section

I really like the debate activity. I wonder if it might be helpful to include an open source resource for how to debate. Here's an example.

I think that if you wanted to expand this in the future, you could add additional options for content & assessments so that instructors and/or students could choose.

Lourdes Viloria 2 years, 10 months ago

Hello everyone,  I hope I am doing this correctly.  Here is the link to my first draft.  The units are meant to be part of a new course in the TAMIU College of Education.  Here is the course description: This course provides an understanding of the teacher candidates’ content, discipline, and related pedagogy inclusive of state standards and certification requirements. Students will engage in tasks that will assess their aptitude, skill, knowledge, and experience. Students will apply to admission for the College of Education during this course. Students will engage in a field-based experience. Students must have a minimum institutional GPA of 2.75 in order to enroll in this course.

Here is the link to my work

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/82602/overview

Awendela Grantham 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi Lourdes

Here are my comments about your module.  It was informative, and I found it useful and well-organized.

1. BranchED's OER template has been used, and it contains an introduction, content, activities, and assessment section for each unit. Yes, there was an introduction, content, and activities for each unit.
  2. The OER resides in OER Commons, is openly licensed, and remixable.  Yes, the OER was in the OER Commons, and it was openly-licensed and remixable. 
  3. The OER contains at least 3 units that are substantial enough to supplement or fully-support a foundational or subject-area teacher preparation course. Yes, the OER contains 3 units that are substantial enough for a teacher-area preparation course.
  4. The OER aligns to the Inclusive Instruction or Intersectional Content principles of the BranchED Framework.  Yes, the OER aligns to both the Inclusive Instruction or Intersectional Content principles.  You may want to remind faculty and students each time you are using a different principle, but that is optional.  
  5. The OER is intended to be taught by teacher education faculty to teacher candidates in educator preparation programs. Yes, the OER is intended to be taught by teacher educator faculty in education programs.
  6. The BranchED Equity Rubric for OER Evaluation has been used to guide design. (BranchED will not review each OER using the BranchED Rubric, but all OER submitted will be reviewed by a Peer Review Committee in the Fall 2021 semester).  

Yes, the Branch ED Equity Rubric for OER Evaluation has been used.  You may want to remind faculty and students each time you include one of the points on this rubric, but it is optional.

Thank you for sharing your module with me. Your resources sections were comprehensive.  Very enjoyable.

Awendela

Leah Carruth 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi Carly,

I loved looking at your module.  I hadn't thought about the conductor's side of music before.  Some of this, such as the emotional faces could easily be used in teacher education courses as well because they need to learn how their face looks.

I also enjoyed how you put your activities and assessment within the content.  I had a hard time separating all of mine out, but I didn't put it in the other sections as well.  Aubree said we could go away from this template some and you may want to take out the repetitive sections for a better flow.  

The format you have is very clear and easy to follow with pictures and videos integrated throughout the module.  This allows the reader to keep working throught the module and be engaged.  

I appreciate your assignment and rubric format.  They are clearly stated and easy to follow.  I may use some of your format to write out my assingments better.  

Great module! 

Leah 

Carly Johnson 2 years, 10 months ago

Thank you so much for your comments and review, I appreciate it!

Carly

I really enjoyed this.  I've just copied your unit into word so I could add comments with the comment tool. I've attached that here.  I picked your unit because I have some experience in music and am one class away from a music supplemental credential (which I am taking right now for fun), so this was a really enjoyable exercise for me.  Thank you for the opportunity.  As a former social studies teacher, I've only subbed for music classes, but I have some experience as a musician so this really was fun (clarinet minor, bouzouki, guitar, Irish whistles, mandolin, voice in a celtic folk band, and 5 years in a top 12 drum and bugle corps on mellophone).

Thanks. 

Jessica

Page 1 of unit feedback comments

Page 2 of unit feedback comments

Skipped pages and then page 3

Skipped more pages then page 4

Skipped more - page 5

skipped more - page 6 of comments

Page 7 - of comments

Page 8 of comments

Page 9 of comments

So - I thought you had an excellent unit that was really informative with fantastic information. I think it supplements really well and I assume this is meant to be done asynchronously.  I really enjoy the activities and I would love to just do the unit for fun myself. ( I may in fact.). The materials meet the requirements I believe, and I don't think you are missing any of the requirements as they are culturally relevent, and clear. I think you have made the unit with Universally designed methods embedded - especially allowing for hands on activities, and visual activities. 

You have also embedded various languages (Italian, German, French) and the unit with facial expressions really uses diverse imagery and expression in it intentionally to convey diversity of expression from my perspective. You have also chosen to embed a variety of different music pieces in order to meet the requirements as well. 

Jessica

Thanks so much, I appreciate the time and attention you put in to coducting your review!

Carly, this module is laid out really nicely. The font, spacing, and images are consistently used, which makes it user-friendly. 

You'll want to go into the "Overview" on the metadata page (the last step before you publish) and remove the part about the template:

overview

Reading Tug O'War

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/82419/student/306533

Anita was working on a bilingual module while I worked on a literacy module. For a variety of reasons we decided to collaborate and will be submitting this module as our co-created product, though we arre not quite there. We have a few more links and lots of citations to add, and maybe a rubric for the final lesson plan. We welcome your review and suggestions.

Amber & Anita

Amber, your module is very clear and thorough, but also very link heavy. Would you consider embedding any of the links so they are integrated?

Great feedback Robin, and thank you! I do not know how to embed the links so they are integrated. Can you coach me?

Lara Ervin-Kassab 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi Rashad!

WOW. What an incredible module. There is amazing work here and I am now very interested in reading your book! I love how you are incorporating multi-media, especially the videos that ensure voice. Your content is accessible and engaging. 

One thing I am wondering is in your Unit 3 "mile in their shoes" activity, are there opportunities for the learner to dicover more about the strengths and assets of the students they are interviewing? Potentially to be able to see how the institution and system disregards or ignores talent and brilliance? I like that you are pushing on and surfacing the negative experiences students have in school, but think there might be space for helping future teachers recognize individual student amazingness and joy- that new teachers often still can't see... just wondering about this. 

I love your module and think I would like to reference it in my course as well as a "recommended read" in my own module! 

RASHAD ANDERSON 2 years, 10 months ago

Thank you for your awesome feedback! I am trying to understand better what changes you suggest for the Miles in My Shoes activity? Would you mind elaborating more it would be greatly appreciated!

Of course! I'm currently working on a collaborative research project into how the California Teaching Performance Assessment can help shift deficit-based educational approaches to anti-racist, anti-ableist, equitable and inclusive asset-based practices. In this work, we have realized how important it is for future teachers to see students as culturally, linguistically, academically, and socially complex individuals. There's almost this "default" view of students and achievement that is deeply embedded into the US system of education. 

To this end, One of the things I do is look through any assignments I am asking my candidates to do and look at the worst-possible way the framing of the activity could be interpreted. To this end, I've started including spaces for candidates to get to know student assets (funds of identity) before confronting the things that might reinforce their unconscious biases. So, before asking about how negatively a student has been treated in school we ask what they feel they are good at (in or out of school), what things they love to listen to or do, etc. I also do an extensive amount of work on getting and staying low-inference so that candidates actually HEAR the voices of the students they are interviewing- e.g. monitoring our high inference reactions that differ from our own experiences in education... 

Happy to chat by phone about this and share resources- I'm visiting family in Arizona but will be back and available to talk next week anytime. 

Lara

Hi Linda,

I really enjoyed your module and how you included image examples representative of an HBCU student population!  Maybe work cultural relevancy more into the title, since this would be a great resource for HBCU instructors. I appreciated that your selection of images and selection of The Princess and the Frog for the Disney vs. Grimm section of unit 3 are easily relatable for HBCU students.  Great creativity in content and assignments, and it was wonderful to see multiple options for students to choose from for their assignments.  My first thought on the subject matter was oh, this is an area of study that would be hard to relate to for my students, but I think that you have done an exceptional job of presenting the material with this in mind.  I also enjoy that students would have the opportunity to grow and expand their belief systems.  I also liked that you included game activities, which I know the students would enjoy and would learn from.  Nice module... maybe there is a way to work the culturally relevancy or lens angle more into the title (?). 

Great work, and Good Luck!

Linda Woods 2 years, 10 months ago

Carly:

Thank you so much for the feedback! Yes, The Princess and the Frog is definitely a movie that most of my students relate to! Whenever we have the opportunity to discuss Disney films in my classes, students always bring it up as an example and I think it is because so many of them do relate to Tiana as a role model. I very much appreciate your comment that it will allow students to grow and expand their belief systems. That is the hope, anyway!

I will keep working on the title. I'm sure I will be able to come up with something more relevant by the time I submit the final draft. 

Beth Garcia 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi Leah,

I enjoyed reviewing your module, and I love the topic. It is very apropo with the Science of Teaching Reading coming into Ed. Prep and schools. The content was comprehensive in each of your three units. I thought the embedded videos were very good resources to include and helpful to support your content in each unit. My only critiques would be to add more explicit instruction for the activities. Some of them were somewhat unclear or needed a bit more explanation. It might also help to include some templates or exemplars so students understand the expectations of these. I know you stated you were going to add rubrics; I think this will help as well. What about assessments? Are you going to have those for the units, or do you plan to use the activities for assessment? I did think the resource chart in Unit 3 was great. You had some very comprehensive input in this unit especially. The only thing you might add is guidance for teachers on what to do if students are not progressing with phonological awareness, so possibly some resources on interventions or supports. This is a great unit, and I am excited to share it. Thanks for your amazing work.

Christian Bracho 2 years, 10 months ago

This is an extremely rough draft. I will be editing over the weekend and thru Monday!

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/83120/student/317440

I think this is a great start, Christian! You've already got some content in. It looks to me like the next step is to write out some instructions, including activities and assessments. I'm sure you plan on doing all that anyway. :)

Megan Lyons 2 years, 10 months ago

Hello,

Here is my first draft.  I am working on adding more images.  I welcome any feedback.

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/83067/overview

Megan, I got an error message when followed your link. You'll have to publish it before we can view it.

Hello All,

Here is my published link.  I welcome any feedback.  Thanks!

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/83067

RASHAD ANDERSON 2 years, 10 months ago
  1. BranchED's OER template has been used, and it contains an introduction, content, activities, and assessment section for each unit. Yes, there was an introduction, content, and activities for each unit.
  2. The OER resides in OER Commons, is openly licensed, and remixable.  Yes, the OER was in the OER Commons, and it was openly-licensed and remixable. 
  3. The OER contains at least 3 units that are substantial enough to supplement or fully-support a foundational or subject-area teacher preparation course. Yes, the OER contains 3 units that are subsantial enough for a teacher-area preparation course.
  4. The OER aligns to the Inclusive Instruction or Intersectional Content principles of the BranchED Framework.  Yes, the OER aligns to both the Inclusive Instruction or Intersectional Content principles. 
  5. The OER is intended to be taught by teacher education faculty to teacher candidates in educator preparation programs. Yes, the OER is intended to be taught by teacher educator faculty in education programs.
  6. The BranchED Equity Rubric for OER Evaluation has been used to guide design.

Greetings Megan Lyons,

Overall I think this is both a critical needed and content filled module! Below are my suggestions to strengthen your module:

1. For each unit, put instructions of the order that you wish for students to complete the activities, readings, and assessment. This will help organize the learning a lot better.
  2. For Unit 1, a) the reading needs a hyperlink, and b) the assessment paper needs more instructions in terms of length and description as it is somewhat vague in its current form
  3. For Unit 2, a) There is a ton of outside content but I think it would help to have a recorded talk or lecture from you in combining all these topics in one conceptual framework and guiding students’ learning, b) the Group Discussion is also vague and needs actual discussion questions and suggested instructions for students, c) The lesson plan needs more instructions and guidance for students
  4. For Unit 3, a) is there an activity that can assess all the topics for your Unit into one (i.e. having students discuss or conceptualize culture, race, & ses and how the intersectionality of the 3 can affect a student at once)

Rashad,

Thank you for the feedback.  I will incoporate the suggestions.

Linda Woods 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi Beverly:

This was an extremely interesting module. I think for myself, as an educator, the most helpful aspect is simply learning the different distinctions between the terms inclusion, diversity, and equity. The information presented in the module was very clear and well organized. I thought your selection of videos was great. The only one I would suggest maybe supplementing in some way is the clip on Supporting Schoolwide Culturally Responsive Practice. It feels like an interesting introduction to the concept, but doesn't really demonstrate how to put these ideas into practice. I'm wondering if you could maybe pair with another video that might go into a bit more depth with some actual pedagogy practices? On the plus side, however, all of the resources do a great job of helping to supplement this information as well. 

All of the activities and assessments seem very clear. The only one I somewhat questioned was the Unit 1 written assignment. I think for that particular assessment, there needs to be a bit more clarity on how the students are supposed to have learned the strategies for these differentiations in creating their lesson plans. 

There are a few typos and format issues. In your list of Unit level oucomes, I would suggest changing "Applies" to "Apply" for the sake of grammatical consistency. Under Unit 1 Learning Activities, I believe that is supposed to read "Laws protecting" (not "projecting"). Under Unit 3, in Content, there is what appears to be a small typo with the word "knowledge" (it looks like an equal sign was accidentally typed in?). 

Under Unit 1 Resources, there is a formatting issue with the title of one of your PDF files (it appears to be overlapping another title or caption). 

Fortunately, these are all just small editing/proofing errors and should be easy fixes. 

I assume you have made sure that all of your videos have Creative Commons Licensing since you have embedded them. If not, you may want to double check but if they are, you should be fine. 

Again, I think you have a module that is going to prove an invaluable resource for teachers in our global society. 

Virginia Kennedy 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi Beverly - You have such an expansive and comprehensive collection of resources, in a variety of formats (ppt, video, professional articles) that are inspiring and instructive for teacherws and administrators! As you stated, the module would be a great introduction. The activities, assignments and assessments do, however, require careful reading, questioning, and consolidation of learning.

Thank you for reading this peer feedback.  I hope that you find it helpful.

The content in your module is important and I wanted to offer appreciation for what you’ve created.  Below, I’ve bulleted my feedback.

• The “Content” sections opening each of the units works well as an advanced organizer to guide the learner.
  • Your activities and assessments are well aligned with the content.  The instructions for them are detailed and helpful.
  • I might reconsider calling the SIOP Lesson Plan Template a Template since it is more of a guide.
  • The level of detail into the slides is wonderful.  I applaud you for the amount of work you have put into this.
  • Checked against our required elements, your module is complete (and well structured).
Virginia Kennedy 2 years, 10 months ago

My first draft 

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/83203

Virginia,

I find your narrative in the About section really warm and inviting. I wonder if you could add more narrative like that to the unit sections. Perhaps just describing the content and how to use it as well as how to do the activities and assessment?

I think the units could also benefit from more images and maybe embedded videos as well. 

Aubree

Late- but here! Protocol for analysis and revision of rubrics for racist, ableist rubrics. 

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/82406 

Overview:

This series of units will walk us through thinking organizers, reflective activities, and a protocol that could be used as a starting point for taking a deeper look at the ways in which our assessments of students may contain unconscious bias. Why Rubrics? This series focuses on classroom, rather than standardized, assessments. The pedagogical approaches to teaching and learning that are grounded in using rubrics tend to be simultaneously the most (potentially) engaging for students and most vulnerable to subjectivity in "scoring" by teachers. Since rubrics are most commonly utilized to score student products and performances, in contrast to multiple choice or fill-in assessments, there is a higher likelihood of cultural, linguistic, and ableist biases to be present in both the scoring instrument (rubric) and the scoring process.

Lara,

The units, content, activities, and assessments are so clearly explained. I feel that I could walk into a classroom and teach from this.

I love the Unit 2 handout.

Since OER Commons doesn't have spellcheck, I thought you might want to know about this typo:

typo

typo 2

Hello,

Here is my first draft.  I am working on adding more images.  I welcome any feedback.

https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/83067/overview

Megan,

Your use of headings and spacing makes this extremely easy to navigate. I like how you've organized the content, activities, and assessment. And you've got activity options! This really is an OER that someone could walk into a classroom and teach with.

Aubree

Hi Craig,

I noticed that some of the template content still needs to be deleted. The overview can be deleted on the metadata page (before you publish), and the first About section should be deleted. Also, I noticed the words template throughout in the section headings and in the beginnings of section bodies that you'll want to delete.

delete

I highlighted a couple of typos below (since OER Commons has no spellcheck):

highlight

highlight

I love the interactive funds of knowledge table! And the cultural artifact choice table!!