The AASL Standards Framework for Learners includes the shared foundation of Engage. This standard guides students to the ethical use of information, including things created by others as well as by the students themselves. Students will explore background on copyright and fair use, understand creative commons and how to use it, as well as discover public domain resources.
Lesson Outcomes for Students:
- Define copyright and fair use;
- Identify and understand Creative Commons licenses;
- Apply a Creative Commons license to a product;
- Search for Creative Commons and public domain materials on the web;
- Properly attribute Creative Commons and public domain materials.
Cover Image Attribution: Pixabay, CC0