Whether it's the genetic code, an ancient language, or patterns of light ...
Whether it's the genetic code, an ancient language, or patterns of light in a distant galaxy, scientists often have to play the role of decoder. In this activity, learners create a code to send secret messages for other learners to decode. When learners set up a free account at Kinetic City, they can answer bonus questions at the end of the activity as a quick assessment. As a larger assessment, learners can complete the Bug Blaster game after they've completed several activities.
- Computer Science
- Computing and Information
- Life Science
- Material Type:
- Activities and Labs
- Instructional Material
- Science and Math Informal Learning Educators (SMILE)
- Provider Set:
- SMILE Pathway: Science and Math Activities in One Search
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- National Science Foundation