- This is a teacher guide for operating a GenWe classroom. From the very beginning to the launch of the program, these resources will help teachers and students build the ideal learning environment to improve social competence. What is the GenWe Classroom? It is an elective course for middle and high school students designed to help them learn how to interact and cooperate and use technology responsibly. The class is managed by the students and teachers collaboratively. The structure of the class allows the students to make decisions based on evaluating the input from peers, near-peers, and adults. In order for normal social situations to occur, the students need to be allowed to manage themselves, including their learning. Ideally the GenWe Classroom will include a budget. Students will be responsible for planning the learning materials they will need for the semester.
- Information Science, Communication, Management, Social Science
- Middle School, High School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan, Student Guide, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Katherine Bandy
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.