- Creating Native American Myths and Legends is a five-part lesson plan asking students to research a traditional or modern Native American myth or legend story and then turn that story, or create an original story into a Pixton graphic cartoon representation. The lesson provides an overview of the basic elements of myths and legends so that students are aware of the structure and key components of each as it relates to Native American storytelling. While traditional methods of Native American storytelling rely heavily on oral storytelling, modern graphic novel collections of stories such as Trickster: Native American Tales are providing a new way of recording traditional stories and providing an outlet for new creations for modern Native American artists and storytellers. The project follows an adapted inquiry model and uses the graphic cartoon generator software website Pixton.com, as well as GSuite for Education.
- Graphic Arts, Literature, World Cultures
- Middle School
- Material Type:
- Diagram/Illustration, Homework/Assignment, Lesson, Lesson Plan, Reading
- Ron Chesmore
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Video
No evaluations yet.