- Description: Don’t be fooled by food messaging is a media literacy embedded health unit that takes the health goals of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and adds some critical thinking skills and communication skills. In food marketing young people are surrounded by persuasive claims meant to influence and manipulate their eating behavior. Students will explore some of the techniques and strategies food marketers use to influence their eating behavior to better understand how it impacts their own food choices. Within the PE program students will discuss how food choices, levels of consumption and physical activity levels influence health and wellness. Body image/healthy weight will be incorporated into this content. The culminating projects require students to work collaboratively to synthesize their new learning while using a variety of strategies to create their own healthy choices messaging production projects.
- Marketing, English Language Arts, Nutrition
- Upper Primary
- Grade 3, Grade 4
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Game, Lesson, Module, Unit of Study
- Shawn Sheller, Kirsten Lewandowski, Mark Friden, Jill Minkiewitz, Julie Cantrell, Kimberlee Swan, Barbara Soots
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.