- LEARNING OBJECTIVESBy the end of this section, you will be able to:Differentiate between “job” and “career”Describe the stages of career development and identify the stage you’re currently inExplain the five-step process for choosing a careerList key strategies for selecting a college majorIdentify the relationship between college majors and career paths (both why they matter and why they don’t)Identify specific skills and transferable skills that will be valuable for your career path and how to acquire them
- Education, Higher Education
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Laura Lucas, Heather Syrett
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
This OER is a collection of chapters (download separately) that create one whole course Textbook. There is a combination of embedded videos, assessments, and activities in each chapter and does a great job of thoroughly exploring each chapter topic area. If you are thinking of remixing this OER, pay attention to the licenses of each chapter because they are not all the same (see above). The structure and layout of these chapters are highly curated and easy to navigate. This OER covers 90% of the course content from our PERG 120 syllabus. One may choose to supplement activities and content from their personal collection, but overall this is an excellent OER for college success courses and I can definitely see myself using it in my future courses.