- This seminar will introduce three of eight types of figurative language (alliteration, onomatopoeia, and idiom). Through mainly fictional texts( tongue twisters, comics, songs, etc.), you will identify these types of figurative language, determine their meanings, and formulate project-based activities to prove your understanding of these common figurative language types.StandardsCC.1.2.5.F Determine the meaning of words and phrase as they are used in grade-level text, including interpretation of figurative language.
- Elementary Education, Reading Foundation Skills
- Upper Primary
- Grade 4, Grade 5
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Tracy Rains
- Wyoming Department of Education
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Interactive, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.