Closing reflection (for April 2020 Webinar)

by Aubree Evans 4 years, 1 month ago

Please answer the following questions to reflect on today's session:

1. What next steps do you want to take?

2. What additional supports do you need from us?

3. What would you like to see in the next webinar?

Carol Johnston 4 years ago

1. Spend a bit more time viewing resources.

2. Not sure yet.

3.  I liked the small group discussions as they helped me to notice things I wouldn't have otherwise.

1. Having faculty in my department explore resources that are available. 

2. Intermittenly updating group resources that may be useful in post-pandemic times. 

Shelly Meyers 4 years ago

1. I will be collecting resources for the redesign of our literacy courses.

2/3. How are others using OER? It would be great to see practice case examples from other MSIs. 

Leticia De Leon 4 years ago

The next steps I would like to take is to comment or recommend more accessible resources.  One of the greatest barriers that I have found is finding quality resources, but they are not accessible, primarily videos without captions or transcripts.  

I would definitely like to find out how materials that are posted here are evaluated and deemed appropriate for publication.  I was intrigued by the fact that there were some materials that were reviewed by QM, and that standard definitely keeps accessibility in mind.

I would like to take the next step and actually develop resources.  

Kellee Watkins 4 years ago
  1. I would like to review the resources are available for the key aspects of the Educator Preparation standards for our program. I would also like to take the time to introduce these possibilities to other faculty members at my university. Finally, I would like to explore how the resources can be used to prevent candidates from having to purchase a text book for the courses that I teach.
  2. Continued support to use the resources and continuous conversations about how to continue to grow in evaluating, developing, and using open resources to enhance program design.
Patricia Rocha 4 years ago

1) I will be taking this back to our leadership team and discuss how we can use the rubric to look over our resources. Rather, my goal is to start the conversation of why we should be looking at these criteria indicators. 

2) I would like to learn more about supports within the clinical practice components of the preparation. 

3) Ideas on clinicall practice/fieldwork

John Blackwell 4 years ago

The resources are a great jumping in point.  Trying to find resources on the web can be overwhelming.  Branch Ed is a gem in helping MSI's moving into this space. 

1. Be able to view more/different resources and spend quality time to review the resources

2. Right now, just be able to answer any questions about OER and offer suggestions to help our students with specific questions/concerns

3. I would like to see more engagement and discussions (more time working with the site, exploring the site) with more resources in OER

Lydia Davenport 4 years ago

Next Steps:

I will continue to review the site

.I will start to think about resources needed at AAMU for us to be more successful and to support our candidates. 

Dana Gathers 4 years ago

1.  I would like to take time to review the resources that are presented in the OER and identfy at least one resource that I can meaningfully incorprate into my courses.  I am also thinking about when to incorporate the resources.  Because I am teaching synchronous courses, I am wondering if I should implement the materials before, during, or after class.

2.  At this point, I am not in need of additional supports.  This webinar was helpful in introducing me to the OER system and the diverse resourcs, which I am looking forward to implementing into my courses.  Thank you!

3.  I would like to have more training around the way in which I can incorporate these great resources into the actual teaching of courses.  With time to develop an activity using an OER resource.

Carol McClain 4 years ago

1. Share the resources with my collegaues.

2. More Opportunities to share and learn from other individuals/institutions.

3. Whatever you have to share!

Martha Echandy 4 years ago

1. Next steps: explore... explore... and share

2. Maybe some areas focused on language learners. It would be nice to have a handout that summarizes the main points of the webinar, so I can share and to tickle their curiosity.

3. Next webinars: teacher preparation resources; how to create oer. This would be a nice experience that will help me prepare for participating in other oer projects [such as the one you are holding soon]. thank you for such an excellent webinar.