U2 A2-C. Hollin

by Connie Hollin 4 years, 11 months ago

I chose to do a remix of a lesson that utilizes "Habits of Mind"  that I was introduced to at the TIE conference. I had shared it with my administration and we are looking to integrate it into some of our classes in the upcoming year. The original lesson was geared toward looking at art, but in the remix, I removed the "artist" piece and left it open-ended to apply to any and all subjects.

I liked the used of the OER to remix lessons as I have done this for many years to enrich whatever I am teaching to make things relevant for my individual students, but this process definately makes it much eaiser and keeps it all in one location.

Ron Chesmore 4 years, 11 months ago

Connie, 

I have seen Habits of Mind before, and I have used some of these ideas before when explaining thoughts about self-reflection after completing projects, but I've not really used them in their totality. What you provided in your remix is a very comprehensive list of great sentence starters that can help students become more reflective before, during and after a task is completed. It's very process-driven, which is really something that effective learners really need to grasp. I think I will be borrowing this next year! Thanks for your contribution to the resources!

-Ron Chesmore