U2A2 Thoughts

by Angie Nagle 5 years ago

Finding resources on the Internet that work well for teaching lessons in library can be rather challenging sometimes. I like how on OER I can search the topics I'm covering, find something along the lines of what I need, and as long as it has a remix license, can alter it to more accurately fit my teaching. I struggled a bit at first with what I could or should change in the resource I chose for this activity. However, I found two of the links in the one activity document no longer worked (one said it couldn't be accessed on our server). Hence, I copy and pasted the activity into a new Google Doc, and found two other websites to replace the ones no longer available. I also added 3rd grade to the target audience, as I feel they could benefit from the lesson, too, at least in our school.

Ron Chesmore 5 years ago

I agree with you about it being a bit frustrating to learn how to remix, but I think I figured out most of it by trial and error. Also, you are right that there is so much good content on OER that we can use and remix according to our purposes. That's really nice. I'm really overwhelmed by how much content is available on so many topics! 

Danette Kappes 5 years ago

I agree that is was a bit challenging. I had a little issue with a few links that no longer worked in the lesson I remixed. I removed them and added an image that I hope uploaded correctly. 

Thanks for th etips! I too will be using OER to help me not have to "reinvent the wheel"!

Thank you!

Karen