Importing Psychology 2e Test Bank to D2L/Brightspace

by Judith Wightman 3 years, 7 months ago

Hello! Has anyone successfully imported any version of the 2e test bank into a Brightspace/D2L course? I'm getting an error message. Thanks!

Crystal De Kam 3 years, 7 months ago

I have not yet tried, but want to follow as I would like to do so as well soon.

OpenStax, Rice University 3 years, 7 months ago

Hello -- The current QTI file provided by OpenStax is not compatible for D2L as far as we know.  We are producing a QTI 1.2 test bank that should work for D2L.  It will likely be ready within the next two weeks.

Anthony

Judith Wightman 3 years, 7 months ago

Hi Anthony. Thank you for letting me know! I look foward to using the QTI 1.2 test bank when it is ready. 

Best,
Judith

Dianne DeSousa 2 years, 9 months ago

Has this QTI 1.2 test bank for D2L been completed yet?  It was suggested last August that it would be completed within weeks...

Aubrey Tobias 3 years, 7 months ago

Hi Judith,

I contacted my school's D2L Brightspace faculty help desk and the only way they found to do it was by a really circuitous route. I had to upload the test question DOCXs for the chapters into Respondus and then publishing them to D2L (I published them to my D2L Questions Library in Quizzes). The format gets a bit off with the Bloom's taxomy info becoming part of the fourth answer option. I'm going through and just deleting the extra bit question by question but it seems faster than typing or cutting and pasting each question and answer choice :(

Judith Wightman 3 years, 7 months ago

Hi Aubrey!

That's exactly the advice I was given by our tech folks. Import the Word documents into Respondus, then go from Respondus to D2L. Our guy said to delete everything except the question number, the question stem, and the four response options with an asterisk in front of the correct answer. I might do that for the first few chapters, then hold out for the new test bank version. 

Thanks!
Judith

Nicole Korzetz 3 years, 7 months ago

Yes, it is the same with Blackboard.  Upload the .docx files to Respondus and then upload from Respondus to BB.  This is a bit of work up front, but I then created a Group in BB for the Psychology instructors and loaded the tesbank questions there for the adjuncts to copy to their courses.