Importing Testbank To Moodle

by JoElla Basler 3 years, 8 months ago

Is there test generator software to  work within Moodle?

OpenStax, Rice University 3 years, 8 months ago

Hello - Unfortunately, we do not have that available.  We do provide the test bank in QTI format, but it doesn't appear to be compatible with Moodle.  We do have a Moodle cartridge and will try to test different import methods (including converting through a third-party system), but I am not certain it will work.  I will try to reply with more information in the next few days.  

Thank you,

Anthony

ANDREW DECKERT 3 years, 8 months ago

Also looking for a form that can be imported into Moodle. Even an Aiken form with just the MC would be helpful. I'm not sure how hard it is to create that from the word doc file. It looks like it would require some minor changes in formatting. e.g. removing blooms taxonomy, indicating answer differently and saving as a .txt(UTF-8)

OpenStax, Rice University 3 years, 8 months ago

Hello - We did not have that available and we are looking into providing it.  But in the meantime Professor Kelley Eltzroth took it on and has provided them.  (Which is amazing, and we appreciate greatly.)  Kelley has sent them to me and is open to providing them.  Feel free to email me at anthony@openstax.org and I'll send them if you haven't received them yet.