Difference between Intro Stats and HS Stats?

by Lisa Berry 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi! I'm new to OpenStax. I'll likely use the Stats book for my high school class in the fall. As I look through all resources available, I'm a bit confused. The Intro Stats book (yellow and green) and the high school Stats book look the same. Does anyone know what the difference is? Thanks a bunch.

OpenStax, Rice University 2 years, 10 months ago

Hello -

Thank you for asking and for aiming to use the book.  If we can help at all, please let us know.  In terms of the content and arrangement, the books are almost entirely the same.  The core differences are that in the HS version, some references and examples were either removed or modified to make them either more relevant or suitable for HS students.  In particular, mentions of some circumstances, diseases, and other issues were generalized in the HS version. This was done to offer the HS book as a choice for those instructors who did not want to bring in the more specific material to their course. Since the rest of the book is pretty similar, you have the choice in how you want to approach it.  

Thank you,

Anthony (from OpenStax)

Lisa Berry 2 years, 10 months ago

That's very helpful. Sounds like I can use the resources for Introductory Statistics even if I'm using the High School textbook. Thanks a lot.