Biology Group - collaboration

by Nathan Cline 1 year, 2 months ago

I would love to collaborate with others to make some really awesome resources. Anyone else interested?

Nathan Cline 1 year, 2 months ago

Send me an email at nathan.cline@eac.edu. I'll setup a zoom meeting.

Send me an email at nathan.cline@eac.edu. I'll setup a zoom meeting.

Linda Neff 1 year, 2 months ago

Hi Biology FOLKS!

FYI - if you collaborate on let's say a Biology Lab Workbook OER, for the grant, each of you will recieve your full stipend amount (so less work for more money!)

Linda Neff, CCC

Tonya Jackson 1 year, 2 months ago

I'm always curious about things like shared labs.  I have a great set of Bio 100 labs that I've made -- but they were done in Pages on Mac.  What do you think is the best format to ensure that something it editable by all and doesn't look awful when transported into a different program?

Julia Hull 1 year, 2 months ago

I use Google Docs to do my labs. It is easy for me to edit as needed and share with students (just make sure they don't have access to edit the document!!!).

Oh that's smart.  Can you just make certain fields editable?  That would be a great way to ensure students are answering certain portions.  We could build that out in our LMS but then people at other institutions might be restricted.  We're a Canvas institution. 

I wonder if I just don't know word well enough?  I can make something look like a research paper in word but not an engaging lab.

David Haisten 1 year, 2 months ago

More than likely you are more adept at Word than I am. Might be a way though. 

My hatred for Microsoft is strong! So, I doubt it. I'll look into it though.

Julia Hull 1 year, 2 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Biology is a broad field. What course(s)/topic(s)/problem(s) are people working on?

At Mohave CC, we have introductory biology, general biology for majors I and II, A&P I & II, and microbiology that have large components (or are entirely) that are OER.

Environmental Biology. I would love to collab with people on that. I have a collague working BIO 100 also.

Eric Osborn 1 year, 1 month ago

Seems like there are 4 colleges working on making a BIO 181 and 182 Lab Manual.  Hopefully everyone can connect and work together to get this manual written.