Let's Collaborate

by Megan Crossfield 1 month, 4 weeks ago

Hello All! 

After last weeks Arizona Regional OER Conference, we have some new hub members and new group members. I thought this could be a great time to introduce yourself and share any plans you have for advancing OER at your institution. 

This group is a place for us to share and explore best practices together. 

Thanks, Megan 

Jacob Gibson 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Hi Folks,

I'm Jacob Gibson, Arizona Western College, Environmental Science faculty. Our deartment, environmental science, is fully OER. We are migrating our developed materials into the OER commons. ENV does not have group for Arizona, but I am interested in forming one if anyone has advice for starting a group I'd be curious to know.

I am also curious about aligning the standards of OER materials with our new statewide AGEC categories.

cheers!

Megan Crossfield 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Hi Jacob! Welcome! 

Are you interested in getting an Environmental Science group on the Hub? I can help get that set up. We do already have a Life Sciences group on the hub with a sub folder for Environmental Science. There are already faculty in that group, so that could be a good strating point. 

Happy to try and support cross institutional collaboration. 

Nathan Cline 1 month, 3 weeks ago

What OER are you using for ENV 101 Environmental Science (that's our number)?

Brian Higgins 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Hello Megan,  This is Brian Higgins, I am new to this platform and it was suggested by the campus librariian at BenU and so I have posted a first draft a book I am currently working on, and posted it on OER Commons. The book is a study into Graphic Design and how it can be used to shape public opinion in terms of the greater good.  GD is an excellenet tool for students to find their voice, to engage with their environment and their own 'local knowledge' and to speak directly to the  people.  GD can be used to engage our audience in a way that can help them understand the narratives that affect all of us and to help bring solutions to the problems we face today.  

I was unsure of where or how to position this book on the site, and perhaps needs to be more visible?  Any help would be welcome, as well is their any kind of GD hub here in AZ?

Kind regards, Brian

Erin Roper 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Welcome, Brian! My name is Erin and I am a campus libraran for Mohave Community College in Kingman, Arizona. If you join the Arts & Humanities group in the OERizona hub, you should be able to post your textbook there for review.

Also, I would love to read this book for strategies to use in my volunteer work! My email is eroper@mohave.edu if you are willing to share directly.