Plans for future OER work

by Megan Simmons 2 years, 1 month ago

Please share your plans and next steps for advancing OER in your work by replying below. Describe how you will leverage OER tools and practices to continue to grow this work collaboratively throughout Compton Community College.

A few examples of OER tools and practices include:

• Discovery with search, advanced search, and filtering results

• Evaluation & Peer Review with rubrics and comments

• Curation by saving resources in folders and subfolders

• Collaboration in Groups & Hubs

• OER Design & Remixing in Open Author

• Leadership & Advocacy with OER Trainings & Presentations

• Sharing OER with others

For Training & Presentation Planning Consider:

Audience: (who will be attending?)

Date/Time: 

Goals: (what will the participants learn and accomplish during this training?)

Outcomes: (what will happen as a result of this training?)

Content that will be presented: (what content will you present and how will you present it?)

Activities that participants will complete: (including any breakout room discussions, zoom polls, chat prompts, self-paced practice activities, reflection and sharing in group discussions, searching for resources, resource curation in folders, evaluation of resources, resource remixing/authoring, etc.)

Training Agenda: (what is the timing of the presentations, facilitated activities, discussions, practice, etc.?)

Gayathri Manikandan 2 years, 1 month ago

Continue to use OER material for all my courses

Present about OER Math related resources and MyOpenMath (MOM), a free online Homework management system which can be LTI intergrated in Canvas and approved to use by DE. It will be series of few workshops for the faculty to get comfortable to use MOM.

Andree Valdry 2 years, 1 month ago

I'd love to help out with curation and discovery. As I do not teach in a traditional class at the moment I would feel more comfortable helping out with training

Airek Mathews 2 years, 1 month ago

In my role I will provide administrative support with ensuring presenations, trainings, and other beneficial resources are made availible. 

Goals: Support Fundamentals and Train-The-Trainer Trainings for faculty

Outcomes: Faculty adopt/develop OER materials for their courses.

Content that will be presented: Will be determined by faculty workgroup

Activities that participants will complete: Will be determined by faculty trainers

Abby Tatlilioglu 2 years, 1 month ago

I didn't vote for curation because I was assuming it meant creating new OER, but I guess by posting or sharing the things I already have on my computer it makes me a curator!

1. My plan will be to get my major Portfolio assignment organized and posted here to share with everyone.
  2. To recruit participants for Train the Trainer 
  3. To get our OER Workgroup Action Plan completed this semester and begin working on the items in that plan
  4. Continue developing my courses
Malinni Roeun 2 years, 1 month ago

My OER goal is to create OER courses for my Fall semester. I planning to complete them by mid summer and will seek for feedback before launch.