- A free quiz developed by the News Literacy project that focuses on combating misinformation on social media platforms.**This resource was published by the News Literacy Project.The News Literacy Project is identified as a “nonpartisan national educational nonprofit” designed to strengthen critical thinking skills and actively seek out credible information. NLP’s strategic framework highlights that in a Stanford History Education Group research, 96% of high school participants “failed to challenge the credibility of a source.” Additionally, over 50% of high school participants “incorrectly classified evidence as ‘strong.’’ Based on this and other educational research findings, NLP’s aims to advocate and equip educators and learners with programs and resources to promote media literacy. Users have the option of subscribing to NLP to receive up-to-date resources and research that is conducted. Further information can be found here: https://checkology.org/Cost and other restrictions: This is a free resource. However, to use it, educators and learners will need to provide an email address and other contact information.
- Information Science, Journalism, Education, Educational Technology
- Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Cyber Citizenship Initiative
- News Literacy Project
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.