- Barbara Soots, Janet Hayakawa, Washington OSPI OER Project
- Arts and Humanities, Education
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Middle School, High School, Community College / Lower Division, Career / Technical, Adult Education
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Formats:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
Music Education Videos - Website Guidance
The United States Army Band "Pershing's Own" provides musical support for the leadership of the United States, to include all branches of government, and to a wide spectrum of national and international events in order to connect the Army to the American people.
For teachers and students at all levels, as well as many parents, we know there is a real need for finding quality educational tools and content. We hope you enjoy what our world-class musicians have created to help us all stay connected through music.
Music Education Videos | The United States Army Band
Purpose of Website
The Army Band musicians have developed over 300 educational videos for you and your students to access as a free resource and supplement while distance learning.
Site Navigation Strategy
See the entire YouTube playlist, or view individual videos below. Some have associated sheet music or study guides.
- Woodwinds (Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Bassoon)
- Brass (Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Low Brass)
- Music Therapy
- Audition and Practice Tips
- Play Along
Videos for Beginners
Beginning Instrumental Series (see them all, organized by instrument)
Breaks down every step for every instrument- from opening cases to making sounds, to articulation, disassembly, and everything in-between. (Strings and voice included!)
- Violin and Viola
- Cello and Bass
All information on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied freely except where otherwise noted.
Attribution and License
- Cover image copyright the U.S. Army Band “Pershing's Own”. Used pursuant to fair use.
Except where otherwise noted, this website guidance document by Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Sections used under fair use doctrine (17 U.S.C. § 107) are marked.
This resource contain links to websites operated by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not constitute or imply any endorsement or monitoring by OSPI. Please confirm the license status of any third-party resources and understand their terms before use.