- Elementary Science and Integrated Subjects is a statewide Clime Time collaboration among ESD 123, ESD 105, and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. Development of the resources is in response to a need for research- based science lessons for elementary teachers that are integrated with English language arts, mathematics and other subjects such as social studies. The template for Elementary integration can serve as an organized, coherent and research-based roadmap for teachers in the development of their own NGSS aligned science lessons. Lessons can also be useful for classrooms that have no adopted curriculum as well as to serve as enhancements for current science curriculum. The EFSIS project brings together grade level teams of teachers to develop lessons or suites of lessons that are 1) focused on grade level Performance Expectations, and 2) leverage ELA and Mathematics Washington State Learning Standards.
- Environmental Science, Education, Elementary Education, Life Science
- Lower Primary
- Grade 2
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Reading
- Georgia Boatman, Washington OSPI OER Project, Kimberley Astle, Ellen Ebert, Barbara Soots
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Audio, Downloadable docs, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.