This activity (on page 3 of the PDF) is a full inquiry ...
This activity (on page 3 of the PDF) is a full inquiry investigation into design optimization. Groups of learners will construct a basic sail car out of a fast-food sandwich container, some wooden skewers, and cardboard wheels. Construction paper sails of various designs and other adjustments are made in the course of several trials to develop the fastest fan-propelled sail car. Relates to linked video, DragonflyTV GPS: Sailboat Design.
- Material Type:
- Activities and Labs
- Instructional Material
- Science and Math Informal Learning Educators (SMILE)
- Provider Set:
- SMILE Pathway: Science and Math Activities in One Search
- National Science Foundation
- Twin Cities Public Television
- Twin Cities Public Television, Inc.