- Students learn how to annotate texts through the process of C.A.T.C.H. Then, they will use their annotations to make meaning by inferring/interpreting and evaluating/making judgments. Through this 10 1/2 minute video instruction and three handouts students will learn and practice an easy to remember 3-step process to critical thinking that will make their learning visible and help them discover how and why they can make meaning out of everything they read, see, and hear. Now they will have ready answers for discussions, questions, essay-writing, and quizzes.
- Communication, English Language Arts, Composition and Rhetoric, Reading Informational Text, Reading Literature
- Middle School, High School, Community College / Lower Division
- Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lesson, Reading, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Laura Harris
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.