- Name Tangles
A Copyrighted Activity Re-Posted with Permission from Cheryl Trowbridge
Zentangle® is an art form developed by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts. Zentangle®, per their website, www.zentangle.com, is “an easy to learn method for creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. Zentangles® are miniature pieces of unplanned, abstract, black and white art created through structured patterns. Creating a Zentangle® is known as tangling and a tangle is a single pattern. Visit Pinterest to see how to create a wide variety of patterns or consider purchasing one of several books available on the subject: Pattern Play: A Zentangle® Creativity Boost by Cris Letourneau, Zen Doodle: Tons of Tangles by Tonia Jenny, Drawing: Drawing Art for Beginners: Doodle Patterns and Shapes by Meredith Graham, Design Originals, Joy of Zentangle® by Marie Browning, and The Art of Zentangle®: 50 Inspiring Ideas for the Meditative Artist by Bremner, Brunell, and Raile.
The participants will:
1. Learn about the “doodling with purpose” art form known as Zentangle®
2. Incorporate the art elements of line, pattern, color and positive and negative space in creating art
This activity is suitable for any age. Zentangles® are an enjoyable and relaxation tool for everyone.
- Arts and Humanities, Visual Arts
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lesson, Lesson Plan
- NDE Digital Learning
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.