- This activity can be used after reading Chapter 5 of The Great Gatsby. Listening and watching the video for Lana Del Rey's song, and title track for the film, students will dig deep into the lyrics of the song identifying figurative language, draw connections between the lyrics of the song and direct quotes from the text, and have meaningful discussion about point-of-view and symbolism in the video. Guaranteed to engage students and make valuable text to text connections!
- Remix of:
- The Great Gatsby and "Young and Beautiful" Song Annotation and Analysis
- Arts and Humanities, Education, English Language Arts, Social Science
- High School
- Grade 11
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Assessment, Homework/Assignment, Interactive
- Melanie Kelly
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.