About this course
This course introduces the emotional, physical, and mental components of health. Topics covered include goal setting, stress management, nutrition principles, health and disease relationships, substance use and abuse, safety, and fitness which incorporates various forms of physical activity. Techniques are presented to help the student incorporate a total health and fitness program into their lifestyle.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain an active life: physical fitness, and nutrition.
- Argue the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain a healthy life: Recognizes dimensions of health, stages of growth and development, reduce health risks and their consequences
- Analyze and evaluate the impact of real-life influences on health.
- Apply personal information and set goals to develop individualized health and fitness plans
- Identify steps to manage stress and maintain emotional well-being.
- Participate in and assess various forms of physical activity.