- This theme-based English course integrates reading, writing, listening, speaking, and critical thinking skills around assignments and activities focusing on Environmental Science and Contemporary World Problems. Topics include population, ecology, climate change, pollution, food systems, environmental racism, and sustainability. Students will specifically focus on environmental issues related to the Pacific Northwest. Laboratories and field trips are included. This competency-based class allows students to work at their own pace, exit at a level appropriate to demonstrated skills and knowledge, and earn possible high school completion English, Lab Science, Contemporary World Problems and/or elective credits.
- Arts and Humanities, Career and Technical Education, Education, Life Science
- High School, Community College / Lower Division, Adult Education
- Material Type:
- Full Course
- Boyoung Chae, SBCTC Admin
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.