OER Module Modifications

by Megan Simmons 3 years, 9 months ago

Please revisit your OER Content Development & Training Proposal. Reflect on any modifications or additions you many need to make to your module and/or training offerings given what you have worked on in the past month. Share any changes you made and why by replying below.

Shauna Mayo 3 years, 9 months ago

As I revisited my proposal, I think I would modify it to ensure that information included is relevant to teachers who are currently in the classroom as well. While the module focuses on making sure that new teachers understand how to provide quality instruction to talented and gifted students who are in general classrooms, a hard truth is that there are many veteran teachers who do not know how to do this as well. All teachers, regardless of their experience level, need to know how to meet and address the needs of talented and gifted students who are in their classrooms. 

Kimberly Grotewold 3 years, 9 months ago

My team and I are going to discuss possible modifications in more detail on Thursday afternoon after this week's Project Manager training.

Our module was initially going to be focused on making K-12 educators aware of the CC-licensed and OER materials available to them and how to select and adapt materials with equity and cultural relevance/responsiveness in mind, but since that is really what this whole training from you, Megan, is about, we don't want to just take all your stuff and say, "Ok, we're done." I think we will need to incorporate more content dealing with visual and digital literacy as potential frameworks to apply to evaluating, selecting, and creating instructional materials. 

Valeisha Ellis 3 years, 9 months ago

Well one thing that I considered last week, is how long do we want the modules to be?

My previous project created interactive modules for 5 hours of instruction. I think for this project,I think multiple short segments with application/reflection would work better.

I plan on meeting with team this week to discuss the structure.

Patrick Ianniello 3 years, 9 months ago

In reflecting on the original module proposal, I think I need to reconsider modifying some of the original goals in light of the scope of the OER topical content I have found thus far. I plan to meet with my team next week to discuss this.

Ty Jiles 3 years, 9 months ago

Good evening all, 

I went back and reviewed my submission  and believe that the proposed  content as it is stated is fine. I do want to add something that reflects what we are currentyl experiencing in regards to being flexible as an educator. I am not sure what section I want to put this information under. I have recently discovered through a virtual professional development training that I did for CPS that the majority of new and veterna teachers  felt that online teaching should mimick the traditinonal classroom via a survey I provided. So, I thnk somehow I need to put this in my module as it is cuiltirally relevant and addrsses trauma and the social-emotional needs of studetns.  I might change my mind! LOL