Test Bank

by Michael Meadows 3 years, 2 months ago

Before I recreate the wheel. Is there a test bank for the curriculum?

Thanks!

Michael

Jake Bigelow 3 years, 2 months ago

I haven't found any yet.  I've been modifying questions from the end of chapter review, other textbooks I have on hand, and creating some from scratch.

Perhaps a few of us could start pooling what we have to build a test bank.  I've only been using this book this year, and haven't gotten very far into it, due to the changes in our schedule with the current situation.

Jennifer Brock 3 years, 2 months ago

I also have not found any.  I am using this text to supplement another textbook that we were already slated to use this year.  But I did find a collection of questions for purchase on physicsclassroom.com that I have been using along with with problems from our current textbook.  You should know, however, that there is no answer key included with that purchase.  Most of the answers are available somewhere on their website (for free) - you just have to dig around to find the specific problem you're looking for.  So if you don't mind spending the time to dig, you can also get the questions for free.

Cindy Merrill 2 years, 9 months ago

There are questions in Google Forms for each chapter. You can access them on the teacher's resource page

Walt DeMoss 2 years, 6 months ago

If you get this two times I apologize.  I keep trying to reply.  I am building a bank now.  It will be in ExamView and Moodle. Let me know if you are interested. 

Samuel Chiang 2 years, 4 months ago

Hey Walt, I'm a Curriculum Director trying to help out a new physics teacher in our district. I'm interested in the examview questions for the HS physics course.

Walt DeMoss 2 years, 4 months ago

Hello Samuel,

I will try to send a sample of what we have so far in the next few days. 

Walt

physics@msgcnx.com 

Walt DeMoss 2 years, 3 months ago

I am getting closer.  Hope in the next two weeks to give you a full sample of one chapter. 

Brian Rendine 2 years, 3 months ago

Hello. I am a little late to the conversation but I am currently organizing my ExamSoft banks from my 12 years of teaching Physics into files that can imported. I would be interested in creating a master document of questions if you would like... let me know what you think.

Great.  I personally just got funding to start hire an assistant to do this project full time.  My end goal is to get Moodle ready test banks.  In the process I will make rtf/doc text files, Examviev Test banks and then the Moodle work.  

Can you send me a sample of an Examsoft test bank?  I want to see how it might fit into the flow of what I am building.  Currently I am building for Physics but will do the same for OpenStax Chemistry soon. 

I got them.  Looking at them now.  Looks like a relatively easy conversion to Examview Import Format.  Then to Moodle and so on. 

Well done. 

Walt

Pamela Snook 1 year, 9 months ago

Were you able to make Examview Testbanks? I'm new to teaching physics and I'd love to have some test banks.