Welcome to the College Physics community!

by Sonya Bennett-Brandt 7 years, 8 months ago

This group is a place to view resources created by users of our free, open College Physics text and to create, upload, and share your own resources. You can use the “Discussions” tab to engage with other members of the College Physics community. Reply to a thread or create your own discussion now!

Jeanette Eggert 7 years, 3 months ago

I am planning to use OpenStax Physics for my algebra-based College Physics Course beginning in the fall of 2017. I am reviewing the book and associated materials. In particular, I am curious if instructors have used WebAssign or one of the other partner resources for web-based homework.

Until now, I have been using the textbook by Knight, with Mastering Physics.

If anyone has used web-based homework with OpenStax Physics, I would be very interested in pros and cons.

Jeanette Eggert, Concordia University, Portland, Oregon

Glenda Denicolo 7 years ago

Hi Jeanette & all,

Our department is also preparing to adopt College Physics by OpenStax for our algebra-based physics PH101+PHY102 starting Fall 17. 

I cannot find a list of answers to the end-of-the-chapter problems. We were using Serway & Vuille, and you can traditionally find the answers to the odd-numbered problems at the end of the book. I was hoping OpenStax version would be similar...

Does anybody know where to find a list of asnwers for even or odd-numbered problems (or both)? I don't mean the solutions step-by-step (that's in the instruction manual), I mean just the final answer, really. We usually provide the students with those final answers.

Thanks so much,

Glenda (denicog@sunysuffolk.edu)

Suffolk County Community College, NY