Instructor Resources

by Kevin Smith 6 years, 9 months ago

We are considering adopting Chemistry - Atoms First, however getting faculty to adopt a new text with no "LECTURE" slides is proving difficult.  Has anyone come across lectures that have been prepared and that other faculty would be willing to share?

Russell Killingsworth 6 years, 9 months ago

Kevin,

I am fairly new to this. We are going with Atoms First this fall. There are plenty of resources. One way to get there:

go to OER Commons main page ( says Discover, Share, Create ) there are search parameter boxes

in the first box (what are you looking for?) type atoms first, hit search

the top box in the search results is the textbook

double click title and it will open a page for the textbook, at the top click View Resources

scroll to the bottom of the page for Open Stax Instructor Resources. They have solutions manual and I found two set of powerpoint slides. I really liked the ones by Joseph DePasquale. I think they were originally written for the General Chemistry book (same info but chapters are in different sequence)

Russell 

Kevin Smith 6 years, 9 months ago

Thanks Russell, but theres the problem.  I have gone to the Instructor resources before and the only thing listed under powerpoints is a download button and the only thing it downloads is the IMAGE ppts.  

Russell Killingsworth 6 years, 9 months ago

Do the slides not have any text or are you wanting a "script" for the lesson? I will send you what I found if you send an email address. russell.killingsworth@clarendoncollege.edu