Links to problems

by Allison Soult 5 years, 7 months ago

Are there HTML anchors for each problem in the end of section exercises? I'm trying to give suggested problems to studnets but there are no numbers in the online version so it's hard to reference them.

Amy Kabrhel 5 years, 7 months ago

I asked this question last year and I was told to use a PDF version of the textbook for assigning problems since that has numbers. I did choose to use this method, but I agree with you that there should be a better way. I believe the reason they gave me last year for no numbers in the online version is that there are frequent updates, so the numbers would change often.

Allison Soult 5 years, 7 months ago

Thanks Amy!  I eneded up creating some smaller PDFs of the exercise pages to link to for students so they don't have to wait for the enitre book to open.  OpenStax did respond to me on Twitter that they are working on a fix for this.

Bradley Rose 5 years ago

It appears to be available now online.

https://openstax.org/details/books/chemistry-2e

Erika Merschrod 5 years, 3 months ago

Each question does have a unique label, so I imagine those could be used as anchors too.  I think one could do a search/replace to duplicate those labels as anchors.  I've been working on a script to convert/import the "offline" (zipped xml/html) version of the book for our LMS; I will add this in and let you know how it goes.