PowerPoint Slides

by Craig Becker 5 years, 9 months ago

I was wondering if anyone has PowerPoint slides available for Canvas?

Sonya Bennett-Brandt 5 years, 9 months ago

Hi Craig!

The California Community Colleges Online Education Initiative recently created Canvas course shells for each OpenStax book, and they include the PowerPoint slides.

You can see the American Government shell here (or you can find it by going to Canvas Commons and searching "#openstax #cccoei american government"). 

Maggie Gray 5 years, 8 months ago

If you are only looking for PowerPoint slide--don't bother!  I just spent 40 mintues figuring out how to use Canvas and import a course only to find it's the same PowerPoint slides on the OpenStax page: just the figures from the text with descriptions.  What Canvas does offer is a way for students to read each section of the book and answer the quiz questions online--so if you want to do that, it might be worth your while.  To important a course, create a new course, go into settings in that new course and import--it is NOT obvious.

Katharine Owens 5 years, 7 months ago

Hi Maggie--

Have you proceeded with creating PPTs for the class? I'd like to make ones that are a rough outline of the chapter (added to the slideshows of photos available), but I'd love to split the work. Any chance you'd like to work with me to divide, conquer, and share?