(View Complete Item Description)
Mathematics instructors at Scottsdale Community College in Scottsdale, Arizona originally created this workbook. Faculty from Housatonic Community College and Middlesex Community College collaborated and edited the book to fit Connecticut’s Intermediate Algebra outcomes. The included content is designed to lead students through Intermediate Algebra, from a functions modeling approach, and to develop a deep understanding of the concepts associated with functions,
data and change. The included curriculum is broken into eleven lessons. Each lesson includes the following components:
• The Mini-Lesson is the main instructional component for each lesson.
• Ideas are introduced with practical applications.
• Worked Examples are provided for each topic in the Mini-Lesson. Read through these examples carefully. Use these as a guide for completing similar problems.
• Media Examples can be worked by watching online videos and taking notes/writing down the problem as written by the instructor. Video links can be found within the MyOpenMath (MOM) Online Homework Assessment System.
• You-Try problems help reinforce Lesson concepts and should be worked in the order they appear showing as much work as possible.