OER Awareness & Advocacy Ideas

by Megan Simmons 1 year, 5 months ago

As we advance our OER work, it is important to include others and invite them to collaborate with us, so that our larger community can benefit from the important work we are doing. Since we have been curating resources that can add value to our teaching and learning, we can now share those resources with our department, campus, and professional networks. Please reply below and share ideas for how you plan to build awareness and advocate for the Open Textbooks for Rural Arizona Initiative.

To help us get started, below is a sample email draft that you can copy and customize for your own use:

Dear _______________,

I hope that you are doing well. I’ve been collaborating with the Open Textbook for Rural Arizona Initiative. We’ve been exploring and evaluating Open Education Resources (OER) and curating them into our group's shared folders. I found a few resources that I think would be really valuable for your work, and I saved them to a folder that you can access. Here are the steps that you would take to connect with our group and engage with the resources.

1. Visit OERCommons.org and create an account

2. Join our OER Best Practices group

3. View the folders on the left and look for the folder I created named “___________________”

I’d love to follow up with you later to see if these resources are helpful and discuss other ways we might collaborate with OER. Please let me know what days and times work best for you. Thank you!

Megan Simmons 1 year, 5 months ago

Ideas shared during our training - present at staff meetings, retreats, conferences