Webinar Three - Inviting others to the OER Community

by Joanna Schimizzi 1 year, 4 months ago

Let's invite others to the MO OER Community.

Please share the following:

(Please remember to reply to this prompt. You are welcome to reply to your colleagues as well.)

• Think of two different groups of educators tht you might invite to engage with you in OER curation, evaluation and creation. What aspect of OER/Open Education Practices would they most value?
Jenna Kammer 1 year, 4 months ago

Patti and I talked about how school librarians create a lot of content, and also support teachers who are creating content with finding OER and understanding licensing. We want to invite school librarians to engage in OER as they have so much to share. Also, I am interested in asking teacher candidates to share OER. They are creating many wonderful original lessons as part of their studies and OER would be a great chance for them to share that work, and they can get ideas and remix other lessons. 

Cheryl Schwartze 1 year, 4 months ago

As a librarian I know I'm excited to keep digging in and I plan to share with my HS library aide. The more we are familiar with what's available, the better we can direct our teachers to those resources. 

Danna Bruns 1 year, 4 months ago

I would invite the curriculum facilitators and department heads to take a look at OER. I think they would appreciate the available resources and be interested in the potential opportunities for curation and recreation offered by OER. 

Cheryl Schwartze 1 year, 4 months ago

I will be reaching out to the middle & high school social studies teachers to show them a brief overview and hopefully get them interested in digging around & letting me spend more time with them. I think they'd love having so many primary source documents ready to roll, in one place. 

Cammy then had a great suggestion of getting the ELA teachers involved to work on the scaffolding!

Susan German 1 year, 4 months ago

I am thinking elementary and secondary science teachers.  While some of their needs are similar, there are marked differences between the groups as well.  I think the idea of the possible remixing of resources (a lot of times, teachers do this anyway, but to know it is permissible) will be what they would value.

Tricia Hinton 1 year, 2 months ago

I am going to invite my social studies department colleagues and our librarians. 

Our librarians already help our students so much with research and I think that this will be another tool in their belt to help aid students.