- The introduction is one of the most fundamental parts of an essay.
- If you can make a good introduction you will make your essay a success.
- The approach in the introduction is the thread for the essay.
Writing an essay can seem, and in fact is, somewhat complex. At least it will seem that way if all you've ask somebody to write my paper for cheap so far is work throughout your career. An essay requires a lot of research, but we could say that the most complex part is the beginning, and once you get past that phase the work can become something simpler.
The first thing you have to do is choose a topic. Decide what topic you want to deal with and how far you want to extend your study. And once you've done that? It's time for the introduction.
The most important thing about the introduction is that you put forward a hypothesis. Yes, it is the moment when the topic you have chosen comes up, your approach and what you want to demonstrate with that essay. This hypothesis is precisely the one that will become the thread of everything you develop afterwards. So you must present this hypothesis in a simple and precise way.
It is not enough to pose a question or a topic and then use it in the development. We have already told you that it must be simple and precise, and to be much clearer you must specify whether what you want is to discover that subject, to prove it or to refute the hypothesis you are proposing. Perhaps you want to put forward a new point of view or make observations to other trials that have been done before on the subject. Whatever your option is, you should make it clear from the beginning so that the development of your essay is more fluid.
We don't think that you need to insist but... remember that you must be very well informed about the topic you choose. So the best thing you can do is to have a bibliography that you can use to guide you in this introduction. Knowing what publications have been done before can give you an idea about the direction to take in your essay or perhaps use them as an excuse to challenge them in your own work.
What about the extension? Don't be obsessed with how many pages it should take, but don't think that just because it's an introduction that a couple of pages might be enough. Remember that an academic essay is a serious investigation, so the introduction you write should be proportional to the length of the work.
We know that looking like this seems to be something quite simple, but to make sure you don't forget anything we will make a small recapitulation:
- Be clear about the objective of your work.
- Be clear about the motivations that have led to this research.
- Know in depth the problems that you are going to raise in your work.
- Remember to be aware of the amount of information that exists on the subject.
- Calculate how long your work can be and the annexes to make clarifications that you will include.
- Choose your method of investigation and analysis of the result.
- Structure the development of your work in diagrams so that you do not get lost.
- Be clear about what you will talk about in each chapter.
- Know well the topic you are going to write about and its background.
- Based on all the data you have, start writing your introduction.
Writing a thesis may not be easy, nor is writing your introduction. But we hope that this little guide can be of great help to you when the time comes to write yours. Remember, now you only need one topic and all the information you can find. Good luck!