OER

by Deborah Rowland 6 years, 2 months ago

Hey Melissa, last summer we were shown how to upload on the Resource Builder of the OER, is it better if we upload onto the Lesson builder instead? It seems a different format all together. Do we create a task for kids to do, or just give a summary of the documents? 

Melissa Mitchell 6 years, 2 months ago

Good morning, Deborah,

A very good question!  The main difference between the Resource Builder and Lesson Builder is that in the Rescource Builder, you can upload existing documents from "Google Docs."  Does that help?  I am happy to facilitate a tutorial with Kate Katz (OER Services Project Manager) with you and anyone else interested?  It would probably be in the evenings with our busy teaching schedules but it is certainly worth asking.  It was great to see you again!  ~Melissa

Deborah Rowland 6 years, 2 months ago

Thanks Melissa,  I had success uploading stuff on the Resource Builder site before, with the exception of that one collection that perpetually stays 'pending' but the last few things I've tried, I forgot the format I guess, because I couldn't get them to upload.  So I might need that tutorial.  I will play around a few more times with stuff though and if anyone else needs help, I'll join in, otherwise I can work on it myself. It was great seeing you too.  I appreciate all the hard work you do in behalf of these conferences.  They are awesome.