With much of the world gone digital, learning to create documents that are accessible to everyone is becoming a necessary skill. Intended for a general audience, this free resource reviews a wide range of document authoring applications, including the tools they contain for creating accessible documents, and tests them to ensure they do not contain potential barriers. Learn how to create accessible word processed documents, spreadsheets, presentation slides, and PDF documents, among others, so they are accessible to everyone.
D4.4: Creating Accessible PDF documents
1. Identifying Accessibility considerations before converting a document to PDF
2. Identifying Characteristics of Accessible PDF files
3. Using the Accessibility Checkers to evaluate Accessibility in PDF files
4. Creating PDF Accessibility requirements checklist
5. Examining and remediating inaccessible PDF files
6. Reviewing guidelines and best practices to support the creation of Accessible PDF files from authoring applications