- LUIS MIGUEL ROMERO ARCOS
- Arts and Humanities
- Material Type:
- High School
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Formats:
Match the pictures
role play rubric
Global issues related to human regulation
This project will work as a guide for a micro-teaching session.
It's only a draft.
This interactive lesson plan will be use as a guide for students who wants to know or to explore a bit more on the Global Issues, specifically on Health.
In this activity, students will be able to write a clear and coherent reflection on issues and problems Health.
- To produce clear and coherent writing.
- To share with classmates their own opinions, thoughts and ideas on the reflection writing.
- To synthesize multiple sources on the subject, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
- To compare how healthcare services are provided in different countries based on their economic status.
- To describe current health issues in developing countries and their impact on the lives of their citizens.
- Estimated Time: Two hours class
Epidemic: very high rates of infection across a large geographic area.
Pandemic: an epidemic that has become global.
Malnourishment: not having access to enough nutritious food.
Maternal mortality: a cause of death from pregnancy, child birth, or after birth complications.
Family planning: when a couple decides how many children they want, and when.
ICT National Competences
- Technological Competence
- Communicative Competence
- Pedagogical Competence
- Management Competence
- Investigative Competence
Basic Standards of Competence in Foreign Languages: English
- I identify the purpose of an oral text.
- I identify the main idea of an oral text when I have prior knowledge of the topic.
- I show a respectful and tolerant attitude when listening to others.
- I use the images and information from the context of speech to better understand what I hear.
- I identify key words within the text that allow me to understand its general meaning.
- I assume a critical position against the author's point of view.
- I value reading as a means to acquire information from different disciplines that broaden my knowledge.
- I make inferences from information in a text from different sources.
- I can understand a variety of informational texts from different sources.
- I structure my texts taking into account formal elements of language such as punctuation, spelling, syntax, coherence and cohesion.
- I express values of my culture through the texts I write.
- I value writing as a means of expressing my ideas and thoughts, who I am and what I know about the world.
- I write texts through which I explain my preferences, decisions or actions.
- I spontaneously participate in conversations about topics of interest to me using clear and simple language.
- I use my prior knowledge to participate in a conversation.
- I use functional language to discuss alternatives, make recommendations, and negotiate agreements in pre-prepared discussions.
Resources and materials
- Video beam.
- Map game.
- Listening (When STs share their opinions with others)
- Ice-breaker activity
- While activity
The STs will be asked to write on the board names of diseases they know, related to their own real-life experiences. Then, We will randomly select some of the diseases and we will ask them; why they have decided to write them down and how they can take care of them.
STs are going to start with an activity to know about some diseases around the world.
First, STs will do an icebreaker activity called “match the pictures”, the purpose of this exercise is to give them the opportunity to select the right image according to the description of each disease and to review the ones they already know but also to learn some new ones.
Then, STs will watch some videos about how diseases can affect the world population. Which are these diseases, and in what continents are more common to people die from having a disease?
Finally, students will write a synthesized reflection based on their previous knowledge about multiple diseases around the world and how these diseases may affect the world population.
The STs will talk about their short reflections with classmates and they will compare the different perspectives they have about the same disease according to their own context.
In group of 5 students.
One student will select 1 disease and the other students will select possible solutions or treatments for this disease.
The group will have to elaborate a dialogue to identify the characteristics of the selected disease and how it can be avoided. Then, the students who selected the possible solutions or treatments will do a role play against the disease to eliminate it and cure the human body.
Finally, all STs are gonna deliver a short reflection about the disease selected and how human beings can avoid it.
Take into account the following criteria to perform a good role play.