- This resource was created to help students understand that implicit biases are mental shortcuts that all brains do. They happen without awareness and are socially conditioned and unconscious. A person's conscious mind might not truly agree with the implicit bias that they harbor and could unintentionally act upon.It is important to learn about implicit bias to prevent the negative consequences of these biases. To thrive in this world, we all need to know how to work together. Unfortunately, some barriers need to be overcome. Teamwork skills are vital, and a positive, inclusive environment helps greatly in the development of teamwork skills.
- Information Science, Arts and Humanities, Visual Arts, Career and Technical Education, Elementary Education, Psychology
- Middle School, High School, Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division, Graduate / Professional, Career / Technical
- Material Type:
- Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Kim Crayne
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
No evaluations yet.