- The purpose of these PBL units is to provide advanced students of Spanish (generally 3rd and 4th year college students) a series of compelling problems from Spanish culture and society. Each unit introduces a problem that students must solve collaboratively in small teams (4-6) over the course of approximately four weeks, assuming 2-3 class meetings per week. The instructor coaches the teams as they seek to fill gaps in understanding, revise hypotheses to incorporate new knowledge, and craft solutions that recognize various perspectives on the problem. Each unit is based on particular objectives, but the skills and processes students will exercise are the same across all units: collaborative problem solving, self-directed research and synthesis of information, argumentation based on sound evidence, and communication in Spanish.
- Remix of:
- Problem-Based Units for Advanced Students of Spanish
- Arts and Humanities, Languages, World Cultures, Higher Education
- High School, College / Upper Division
- Material Type:
- Lesson, Unit of Study
- Janet Eckerson
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- English, Spanish
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.