- This is a 2-part assignment designed to help students to explore how culture can impact one's view of mental health and mental disorders. In part 1, students are invited to explore how culture impacts mental health, for example how mental disorders are regarding in different communities and the potential cultural stigmas regarding mental disorders and treatments. Using their own identified culture, students will explore how mental health & well-being are approached by that culture. In part 2, students will focus on a particular psychological disorder and how that disorder is perceived in their chosen culture. Students will provide a short write-up/recording of their findings and also create an infographic or visual targeted toward members of their culture.Students are encouraged to be creative in designing their visual and are also encouraged to create a multilingual visual, if appropriate.
- Remix of:
- Open For Anti-Racism (OFAR) Template
- High School, Community College / Lower Division, Adult Education
- Material Type:
- Amy Coren
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Audio, Downloadable docs, Interactive, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.