- Students will investigate musical genres in Spanish Speaking countries in order to better understand the history and influences that created the music, as well as the cultural connections/impact of the music today. Begin studying Bomba as a class and work through the investigation process together; then students can select a different genre of music to research and explore before creating a visual essay about their topic.The complete lesson plan included is the 4th class period of a 8-10 period unit of study; the complete unit slides are included in the resource folder with all readings, videos, etc. Lessons are in Spanish, but could be adapted for an English class with Spanish translanguaging as many of the videos are included with closed captions.
- Arts and Humanities, Languages, Language Education (ESL), Social Science
- Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Lesson, Lesson Plan, Unit of Study
- Kellie Rosenberger, Oregon Open Learning
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- English, Spanish
No evaluations yet.