- Drumbeats in Time is a collaborative effort between the Thorp School District and members of the Kittitas Band of the Yakama Nation. These units are designed to integrate local Native American oral history and interview skills into the social studies curriculum to help students gain understanding of the life and times of various members of the Kittitas Valley.The sixth grade unit focuses on accounts of modern life and past life in order to develop an understanding of cultural awarness in the future.
- History, U.S. History
- Upper Primary, Middle School
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Primary Source
- Casceila Miller, Washington OSPI OER Project, Barbara Soots, Alexander Ahlgren, Carlee Stueckle
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Video
No evaluations yet.