Troubleshooting Publication Problems
In this lesson, students will continue to upload their chapters and artifacts, reviewing and editing their work and troubleshooting any problems that arise.
- Read the lesson and student content.
- Anticipate student difficulties and identify the differentiation options you will choose for working with your students.
- Be ready to address students’ technical questions from the previous lesson.
Project Work Goals
- Briefly talk with your class about what is reasonable to accomplish in the allotted time. They are coming to the end of their time to work on this project and it’s important that they allocate their time wisely. SWD: Assist students if they are struggling to identify good goals. Consider grouping those who need extra help and working with them as a way of providing support.
What do you hope to accomplish today?
- Use your Planning Calendar and your File Map to set goals for today’s Work Time. Share your goals with your teacher.
Technical Issues and Questions
- Take this time to address issues that arose as students experimented with the website-creation or portfolio platforms. ELL: Be sure that students are engaging with this activity successfully. If they need further support, gather them and provide additional explanations.
SWD: Students with disabilities may have difficulty becoming efficient with technology tools. Check to ensure students have adequate instruction on how to use the tools as well as time for guided practice.
Do you have any questions or technical issues about the website-creation or portfolio platform?
- Take a few minutes to go over questions and unresolved technical issues with your teacher.
- Circulate and try to address any technical issues that come up.
Spend this time working on your project.
- Continue building your project.
- Keep track of any tips or tricks you discover that you can share with your classmates.
- Take a few minutes to talk about solutions students have found and issues they are still facing. Often, students may have found a way to solve problems that other students are struggling with.
- Begin a Publishing Tips and Tricks class chart with your students. Add students’ most useful discoveries about the platforms.
Update your Planning Calendar to reflect what you accomplished today.
Share your discoveries and concerns with your classmates.
- What did you figure out about how to use the website-creation or portfolio platform?
- What issues are still unresolved?
- Work with your teacher to create a class Publishing Tips and Tricks chart.
- Remind students that by the end of the next lesson, they should be done or nearly done uploading their files to the platform.
Keep working on your self-portrait.
- Continue importing and uploading files to your project.
- If you are behind, finish creating, editing, and organizing your chapters and your artifacts.
- Log your progress in your Planning Calendar.