- This media literacy unit was designed and piloted with junior English classes at the start of the school year. Activities can easily be adapted to suit secondary students at various levels. Within the unit, students analyze corporate logos, corporate advertising, movie trailers and stereotypes found in media related to Native American culture. Within the unit, students also learn how to consider the ways in which media appeals to ethos, pathose and logos and how to identify the tone of a piece of media.
- Graphic Arts, Communication, Marketing, Reading Informational Text, Speaking and Listening
- Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Lesson, Lesson Plan, Reading, Unit of Study
- Shana Ferguson
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.