- Digital culture is changing. Social technologies are impacting how scholars work, learn and engage with one another both inside and outside of their institutions. In postsecondary education, it is becoming increasingly vital to share your work and practice online. Open and digital channels help colleagues solicit advice, seek out support/collaboration, offer free professional development, share information and resources, and learn in networked communities with common interests. Besides developing a digital presence, higher education staff, administrators and scholars are utilizing social media and digital technologies to support their work, add to their professional development, engage with peers, learn in the collective and publicly in digital spaces and places. Using openly licensed content, this OER helps fill the gap between the digital divide and familiarizes users with the digital publishing world. By using this OER, students and professional scholars alike will gain insight into how to use digital publishing tools to their advantage, have a better understanding of the challenges surrounding digital publishing, and learn how to create and engage in innovative and collaborative digital projects.
- Arts and Humanities, Electronic Technology
- Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Module, Reading
- Michael Steffen
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
No evaluations yet.