- Students will examine various primary source images and documents to develop research questions and make connections. They will then research historical figures to learn about contributions and significance they had to the movement. As they research, students will also learn about what individual slaves did before and after the Civil War and if emancipation changed their lives. The students will then examine various primary source documents and record their findings on the Analyzing a Written Document worksheet. They will then paraphrase what the document was about and explain why they believe it is important to history.
- English Language Arts, Composition and Rhetoric, History, U.S. History
- Middle School
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan, Primary Source
- Lynn Ann Wiscount, Vince Mariner, Erin Halovanic
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
No evaluations yet.